As required by the National Electricity Rules (NER), AER is preparing to undertake the next transmission determination for the Queensland electricity transmission network service provider (TNSP) — Powerlink. The AER’s transmission determination will cover the next regulatory control period (1 July 2017 to 30 June 2022). Powerlink's regulatory proposal is due by 31 January 2016.
The AER must publish a framework and approach paper in anticipation of the transmission determinations. The framework and approach paper will set out the AER’s likely approach in the transmission determination for Powerlink on such matters as:
- service target performance incentive scheme
- efficiency benefit sharing scheme
- capital expenditure sharing scheme
- expenditure forecast assessment guidelines, and
- whether depreciation will be based on forecast or actual capital expenditure.
Interested parties are encouraged to consider the key dates.
Indicative dates for key milestones in the decision making process
|Framework and approach published
||31 July 2015
|Powerlink submits regulatory proposal
||31 January 2016
|Submissions on revenue proposal close
|AER to publish draft transmission determination
||30 September 2016*
|AER to publish final transmission determination
||30 April 2017
Source: NER,Chapter 6A
* The NER does not provide specific timeframes in relation to publishing draft decisions. Accordingly, this date is indicative only.