- OneSteel Limited
On 4 June 2001, NECA granted OneSteel Limited an exemption from the requirement to register as a network service provider and the operation of Chapter 5 of the National Electricity Code. The exemption was granted under clause 2.5.1 of the National Electricity Code in accordance with NECA's NSP Registration Exemption Guidelines, and is subject to the following conditions:
- OneSteel only serving customers connecting to the existing OneSteel Newcastle site;
- customers having unrestricted access to the retailer(s) of their choice and retailers being permitted to serve customers connected to the OneSteel Limited network;
- network charges being applied to customers in accordance with the methodology set out in paragraph (e) of OneSteel's letter of 25 May 2001 including applicable TransGrid charges at cost;
- customers having access to an external dispute resolution mechanism equivalent in function to that available to customers under the National Electricity Code;
- the network being maintained at least to the standards specified in the connection arrangements with the local distributor; and
- OneSteel at all times remaining compliant with the relevant requirements of the New South Wales jurisdiction for the licencing or exemption from licencing of the network.