The AER is seeking a number of Senior Technical Advisers with extensive experience in the energy industry to expand its existing technical expertise.
About the Role
This is an outstanding opportunity for high performing advisers, with an excellent understanding of the energy sector and superior communication skills. The positions will report directly to the AER Chief Executive Officer and will:
- provide expert advice to the AER Board, executive and branches in relation to our work in regulating gas and electricity network businesses
- support and develop relationships with external stakeholders
- take stewardship for the development of core technical expertise and technical knowledge management.
These positions will assist the AER to successfully implement important changes to the regulatory framework for electricity and gas networks in Australia arising from the rules announced by the Australian Energy Market Commission on 29 November 2012, and energy market reforms announced by the Council of Australian Governments on 7 December 2012.
An attractive remuneration package including salary, superannuation and allowances in addition to flexible working arrangements will be negotiated for successful candidates. Positions may be filled on an ongoing and/or non-ongoing, full time and/or part time basis and may be located in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne and/or Sydney, depending on candidate circumstances.
Successful applicants will have:
- tertiary qualifications in engineering, relevant to the electricity or gas sectors or a related discipline
- an excellent understanding of the energy sector’s current structure and technologies, as well as the ability to identify future trends
- an excellent understanding of energy network operations and regulation
- outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- proven ability to impart information to colleagues, including developing and facilitating training
- the ability to assist in the development of a framework for technical knowledge management.
For more information or to apply, please visit the career pages of the ACCC website or contact AER CEO, Michelle Groves on (03) 9290 1423.
Applications close: 11:00pm (AEST), Sunday 9 June 2013