Energise your career with us
Energy is an essential service for Australian households and businesses and a critical contributor to the long-term success of the Australian economy.
Everyone should be able to switch on the lights and have access to secure, reliable and affordable electricity. It’s this essential right that drives us in our purpose to ensure Australian energy consumers are better off now and in the future.
A day working at the AER is a day knowing you are contributing to the greater good of Australia and Australian consumers.
What we offer
We are an independent Australian Government agency currently sitting within the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
We share our recruitment processes with the ACCC. This means that when you apply for a job at the AER, you are employed under the terms and conditions of shared ACCC/AER employment policies.
With this comes a wide range of support services and a dynamic and flexible working environment that helps you to be successful in your role.
We offer attractive conditions and benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay and 15.4% superannuation
- 4 weeks annual leave each year (pro-rated for part-time employees) with the option to purchase additional annual leave
- personal leave and paid maternity leave (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- paid shutdown between the Christmas and New Year period
- access to salary sacrificing
- access to studies assistance
- flexible working arrangements, such as part-time work, flexible hours of work and our hybrid way of working
- the ability to perform any role at any AER office
- $600 gross to go towards setting up your home office on commencement
- $300 reimbursement each financial year for healthy lifestyle related expenses as well as access to an Employee Assistance Program and expansive options to help you manage your health and wellbeing.