The AER is a designated data holder under Competition and Consumer (Consumer Data Right) Rules 2020 and provides energy product reference data (PRD) for application programming interfaces (APIs).
The Get Generic Plans and Get Generic Plan Detail PRD APIs provide access to generic energy plan data held by the AER and Victoria’s Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action. This includes:
- Plan identification details: plan name, fuel type, brand
- Geography details: supply areas
- Metering charge details
- Electricity and gas contract details: terms, incentives, discounts, fees, eligibility
The AER advises Energy PRD users that the Get Generic Plans Version 2 is currently not available. The AER is working towards resolution by 31 July 2024. For further information, please refer to the CDR Rectification Schedule.
- Consumer Data Right
- Competition and Consumer (Consumer Data Right) Rules 2020
- Consumer Data Standards
- Access to product reference data APIs - list of CDR energy retailer base URIs (uniform resource identifiers)
- Fact sheet on accessing Energy Product Reference Data
Contact: cdr-supportaer [dot] gov [dot] au (cdr-support[at]aer[dot]gov[dot]au)