- Ford Company of Australia Limited
On 5 January 2001, NECA granted the Ford Company of Australia Limited an exemption from the requirement to register as a network service provider and the operation of Chapter 5 of the National Electricity Code. The exemption was granted under clause 2.5.1 of the National Electricity Code in accordance with NECA's NSP Registration Exemption Guidelines, and is subject to the following conditions:
- AIPL being able to purchase electricity from a retailer of its choice or directly from the national electricity market;
- network charges levied on AIPL being restricted to a proportional share of the network charges levied on Ford, based on energy usage;
- the contract between AIPL and For containing appropriate mechanisms for resolving disputes regarding network pricing and retailer access;
- the network being maintained to the standards specified i the connection arrangements with the local distributor; and
- Ford remaining exempt from the requirement to hold a license for the distribution, supply or sale of electricity under clause 160 of the Electricity Industry Act 1993 (Vic) in relation to the site.