The Australian Energy Regulator’s (AER) Energy Made Easy Redevelopment Project has reached a critical milestone – the Beta version of the website is now live at beta.energymadeeasy.gov.au and the Project team wants your feedback on it.
The AER received government funding for a major redevelopment project to enhance the Energy Made Easy website by 30 June 2020.
In August 2018, a completely redesigned website was released with a range of improvements, to make the process of finding and comparing energy plans easier.
Since then, the Project team has continued to develop further improvements and the Beta version of the website introduces a number of new features that the team and external developers have been working on.
The new features being tested in the Beta website are:
- a revised and more helpful search experience, including suburb and postcode look-up
- the option to upload a PDF bill to provide usage data when searching for a new energy plan, rather than entering it manually
- the inclusion of solar feed-in tariffs in price estimates if users have solar panels and provide their solar data
- a new dynamic language translation function so users can translate the website into 33 different languages
- some enhancements to the website’s design.
The new website will be launched early next year, but help is needed now to get it right.
Complete the survey
All members of the public are invited to try the Beta site and provide the AER with their feedback via a short survey.