The AER is a designated data holder under Competition and Consumer (Consumer Data Right) Rules 2020 and provides energy product reference data (PRD) for application programming interfaces (APIs).
The Get Generic Plans and Get Generic Plan Detail PRD APIs provide access to generic energy plan data held by the AER and Victoria’s Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning. This includes:
- Plan identification details: plan name, fuel type, brand
- Geography details: supply areas
- Metering charge details
- Electricity and gas contract details: terms, incentives, discounts, fees, eligibility
The AER has become aware of concerns with data quality issues related to the Get Generic Plans and Get Generic Plan Detail APIs when accessing Energy Product Reference Data. We are currently undertaking analysis for remediation.
- Consumer Data Right
- Competition and Consumer (Consumer Data Right) Rules 2020
- Consumer Data Standards
- Access to product reference data APIs - list of CDR energy retailer base URIs (uniform resource identifiers)