On 19 May 2022 we released the final Export Tariff Guidelines and explanatory statement.
The Export Tariff Guidelines (the Guidelines) include guidance on:
- customer protections
- the need for any two-way pricing proposals to be justified
- the potential structure of any two-way pricing proposals
- the AER’s process for approving or not approving any two-way pricing proposals
- the AER’s expectations of networks to consult with their customers if they plan to introduce two-way pricing
- the basic export level, or free export service, which must accompany any two-way pricing proposals.
The Guidelines are accompanied by an explanatory statement which explains how the AER considered stakeholder feedback on the Export Tariff Guidelines consultation paper and draft Export Tariff Guidelines.