The AER, Energy Networks Australia (ENA) and Energy Consumers Australia (ECA) have launched a joint initiative to explore ways to improve sector engagement, and identify opportunities for regulatory innovation - the New Reg project.
AusNet Services is conducting the trial of the New Reg Process in the development of its regulatory proposal for the 2021-25 period. For further detail on AusNet’s consultation, including opportunities to be involved in the consultation, please see AusNet Services website. We are undertaking live engagement on the trial. As part of the live engagement we will provide regular updates on the progress of the trial. It is our hope that the live engagement will:
- allow stakeholders greater involvement in the New Reg Process;
- develop knowledge and expertise in the New Reg Process; and
- improve and refine the New Reg Process over time.
We will be engaging various channels to ensure stakeholders can actively observe and interact with the AusNet Services trial. Key in this respect will be:
- Regular updates to this web page;
- Occasional newsletter to Regulatory Innovation Subscribers
- Meeting with a reference group of interested stakeholders to discuss key developments in the process
- Sharing the findings of the monitoring and evaluation processes.
|CEPA - New Reg AusNet Trial - Third Insights Report - Conclusions of Early Engagement - 2020 ( PDF 331.08 KB )||CEPA|
|Farrierswier - AusNet Trial Monitoring Report - Stage 3 - 2020 ( PDF 795.96 KB )||Farrier-Swier|
|New Reg Newsletter - May 2020 ( PDF 431.83 KB )||AER, Energy Consumers Australia (ECA), Energy Networks Australia (ENA)|
|NewReg Approach Paper - Towards Consumer-Centric Energy Network Regulation - March 2018 ( PDF 665.34 KB )||AER, Energy Consumers Australia (ECA), Energy Networks Australia (ENA)|
|NewReg Directions Paper - Towards Consumer-Centric Energy Network Regulation - March 2018 ( PDF 757.48 KB )||Energy Consumers Australia (ECA), Energy Networks Australia (ENA)|