The Exemption applies to the distribution system that is operated by the Applicants and comprises the overhead 66 kV electric line, approximately 13 km in length, from the Ergon Energy Corporation Limited Moranbah SUbstation to ANglo Coal's Moranbah North substation.
- Moranbah North Coal Pty Ltd
- Moranbah North Coal (No. 2) Pty Ltd
- JFE Mineral (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Mitsui Moranbah North Investment Pty Ltd
- Shinsho Australia Pty Ltd
- NS Resources Australia Pty Ltd
- Nippon Steel Australia Pty Ltd
Moranbah North coal mine Moranbah, QLD
On 17 March 2008, the AER granted the Applicant an exemption from the requirement to register as a network service provider and the operation of Chapter 5 of the National Electricity Rules (NER). The exemption was granted under clause 2.5.1 of the NER in accordance with the AER's former Electricity NSP Registration Exemption Guideline, and is subject to the conditions set out in the Exemption Instrument.