On Friday 21 June 2019 the AER published retail energy market performance data. We published five quarters of data from Q3 2017-18 to Q3 2018-19 and five years of data from 2013-14 to 2017-18. The data is published in an Excel format to enable stakeholders to easily download and use the statistics. An accompanying report is also provided.
This quarter is the first time that the new AER (Retail Law) Performance Reporting Procedures and Guidelines have come into effect, providing the AER with extra data.
The AER now requires retailers to report additional data, including:
- Further detail about the retail market and market structure (particularly regarding customer contracts);
- Information on the roll out of smart meters as a result of the metering contestability regime which commenced on 1 December 2017; and
- Further information about customers experiencing payment difficulties (including in relation to payment plans, hardship programs and referrals to credit collection agencies).
The Excel spreadsheets contain a large amount of granular retail performance data. Due to the large amount of additional data provided this quarter, we have split it into three separate spreadsheets, which are modelled on the schedules in the guideline. These spreadsheets contain:
- Schedule 2: customer numbers, switching, contracts, meter installations, tariffs;
- Schedule 3: complaints, debt (non-hardship), Centrepay, missed pay on time discounts, credit collections, payment plans, disconnections; and
- Schedule 4: hardship customer numbers, hardship debt, hardship concessions, hardship payments, hardship program information, hardship assistance offered, hardship disconnections and hardship reconnections.
There is a large amount of data provided in these spreadsheets, however if additional data is required please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are aware that some information may not be accessible to some people. Please contact us at AERInquiry@aer.gov.au or 1300 585 165 if you need information that is not accessible to you.