The Australian Energy Regulator (AER) has received revenue proposals from the following:
- Queensland electricity distributors, Energex and Ergon Energy;
- South Australia electricity distributor, SA Power Networks;
- Queensland and NSW interconnector transmission business, Directlink.
These proposals set out the revenue each business proposes to collect from consumers through network charges from 1 June 2020 to 30 July 2025, and include proposed Tariff Structure Statements for that period for each of the electricity distribution businesses.
We have also published our proposed negotiated distribution service criteria for the electricity distribution businesses. These are the criteria to apply in negotiating terms and conditions of access for negotiated distribution services.
Invitation for submissions
The AER will release an issues paper on these proposals in late March. We invite interested parties to make submissions on the regulatory proposals and criteria by Thursday, 16 May 2019. Submissions should be emailed to:
- SA Power Networks: SAPN2020@aer.gov.au
- Energex or Ergon Energy: EnergyQueensland2020@aer.gov.au
- Directlink: Directlink2020@aer.gov.au
We prefer that all submissions be publicly available to facilitate an informed and transparent consultative process. We will treat submissions as public documents unless otherwise requested. We request parties wishing to submit confidential information to:
- clearly identify the information that is the subject of the confidentiality claim
- provide a non-confidential version of the submission in a form suitable for publication.
All non-confidential submissions will be placed on the AER’s website. For further information regarding the AER’s use and disclosure of information provided to it, see the ACCC/AER Information Policy.
We prefer that all submissions be sent in an electronic format in Microsoft Word or other text readable document form.
Interested parties are invited to join us for public forums on our issues papers for:
- SA Power Networks’ regulatory proposal in Adelaide on Thursday 4 April 2019 at 9am ACST.
Register your interest at SAPN2020@aer.gov.au.
- Energex and Ergon Energy’s regulatory proposals in Brisbane on Tuesday 9 April 2019 at 9am AEST.
Register your interest at EnergyQueensland2020@aer.gov.au.
- Directlink revenue proposal via Video conference from AER offices on Tuesday 9 April 2019 at 2pm AEST.
Register your interest at Directlink2020@aer.gov.au.
Registration for all public forums close on 1 April 2019.