Submissions closed on 19 February 2014.
The Queensland Consumers' Association was not able to make a formal submissions, but in email correspondence to the AER on 19 February 2014, emphasised the following:
- closely scrutinise distributor demand forecasts
- review adequacy of the current distribution charging zones, especially Ergon Energy's easter zone, to make more cost reflective on a geographical basis, where economical to do so.
- require more emphasis on incentive schemes for demand management, including direct load control of small customer air conditioners.
- if not included in the Queensland Competition Authority standards, review need for service standards for low voltage, brownouts and other quality parameters.
- ensure consumer capital contribution arrangements for all classes of consumers are fair and are being properly implemented.