The Electricity network performance report 2020 sets out our analysis of key outcomes and trends in the operational and financial performance data we collect from electricity networks. In forthcoming years we plan to prepare similar reports for the full regulated gas pipelines, when the relevant historical data is provided by the pipelines in late 2020.
The report includes our analysis of data provided by the electricity distribution networks (DNSPs) and transmission networks (TNSPs) we regulate. The analysis is focused on the provision of core regulated services. These are:
- Standard Control Services for electricity DNSPs, and
- Prescribed Transmission Services for electricity TNSPs.
Along with the report we have published the following material that supports our analysis.
- Explanatory notes - the explanatory notes explain calculation and interpretation of the financial performance measures.
- The financial performance dataset - sets out our calculation and analysis of the profitability measures. There is a single dataset for both electricity DNSPs and TNSPs, covering 2014 to 2019.
- The operational performance datasets - set out key operational performance metrics. There are separate datasets for DNSPs and TNSPs. These are a continuation of our performance data publications that began in 2018. They cover 2006 to 2019.
- Infographics - summarising key information from the operational performance datasets.