The Electricity network performance report 2021 sets out our analysis of key outcomes and trends in the operational and financial performance data we collect from electricity networks. Later this year we plan to prepare a similar reports for fully regulated gas distribution pipelines.
The report includes our analysis of data provided by the electricity distribution networks (DNSPs) and transmission networks (TNSPs) we regulate. The analysis is focused on the provision of core regulated services. These are:
- Standard Control Services for electricity DNSPs, and
- Prescribed Transmission Services for electricity TNSPs.
Along with the report we have published the following material that supports our analysis.
- Explanatory notes - the explanatory notes explain calculation and interpretation of the financial performance measures.
- The financial performance dataset - sets out our calculation and analysis of the profitability measures. There is a single dataset for both electricity DNSPs and TNSPs, covering 2014 to 2020.
- The operational performance datasets - set out key operational performance metrics. There are separate datasets for DNSPs and TNSPs. These are a continuation of our performance data publications that began in 2018. They cover 2006 to 2020.
- Infographics - summarising key information from the operational and financial performance datasets.
This year we have also introduced a new profitability measure—the return on regulated equity (RORE). To support release of that measure, we have also published
- An illustrative RORE model with hypothetical data to set out our calculation approach in full
- A publishable summary of PricewaterhouseCoopers’ report on information submitted by DNSPs and TNSPs with tax and interest information necessary to report the RORE.